Summer and Winter
“Sometimes, it feels like I don’t really have any options either.”CHAIN-LINK EVENT
WARNING: this Event is part of an Event Chain! You've lost all control over your own actions and must now sit back while someone else takes the wheel. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and hope that you did things right before taking the plunge!
“I’m begging you!”STUB
This page is a stub. You can help expand and improve it by editing.
"Summer and Winter" is a Main Event. This Event is part of an Event Chain.
To get this event
This event belongs to a quest chain started from What's Done is Done
To miss this event
This event is not missable.
There are no choices in this event.
- +1 Sana Affection
This Event takes place in the following locations:
Sensei finds himself unable to fall asleep and decides to take a walk. After comparing his situation with being on a ship which he decided to abandon, he contemplates the irrational behavior of captains going down with their ships. As he walks along the shoreline, he finds Sana sitting near the waves and gazing at the stars. She notices his presence after a while and wonders why he isn’t asleep yet. Like her, he couldn’t sleep with the sound of waves in the background and asks her if he can stay and talk with her, which she agrees to.
She apologizes for leaving the inn at night, but assumes that he’s fine with that, which he confirms. She tells him that Sara is just like him in that regard and recalls an event of her past where Sara accidentally forgot her in a grocery store and how she was sorry for leaving her behind once she returned. As a result, she feels confident that she won’t get lost in a grocery store anymore. Sensei thinks that it would be embarrassing for her to get lost at her age, but she informs him that other people consider her to be younger than she is due to her short height.
While she doesn’t want to talk about her height, Sensei does it anyway and claims that he wants to get her a present, but she heard a lot from Ayane and doubts the sincerity of his intentions. She noticed that his behavior around Ayanae doesn’t match the behavior she knows from him and wants to know why. Sensei has an inner monologue about how people change their behavior to adapt to the personality of the people they interact with before telling her that Ayane is closer to him than her and, therefore, he treats Ayane in a more more intimate way. She thinks that Ayane will be glad to hear that and tells him about how Ayane entered her life when she was going trough a very dark time of her life.
She also mentions how she was more talkative at the time, which she thought was the reason why Sara abandoned her at the grocery store, but when Sensei plans to ask Sara about it, she begs him to not do it, being more embarrassed by it than she wanted to be. As a gust of wind breezes by, Sensei sees both of her eyes for a moment and notices some kind of emptiness reflecting from them. Sana notices the change of the season and is happy that winter is around the corner. Sensei notices that they should have fall first, but Sana informs him that only summer and winter exist now, making him wonder how that works.
The ending of the event depends on whether Sensei slept in Ayane’s bed during Still Young.
- If he did, he will compare Ayane and Sana to summer and winter respectively. Sana is amused by his analogy, agrees with it and wishes that he’s looking forward to her once summer is done. She realizes what she just said and, out of embarrassment, begs him to forget it. He isn’t sure if he can but doesn’t think that her line was weird, which she isn’t surprised by since he slept in Ayane’s bed. While she’s fine with what happened then, she’s aware that there were more times he did, but she’s better of not knowing if this is the case. She suggests that both of them should just watch the stars to get away from that topic. Sensei does that and is glad that Sana is able to handle the situation maturely and without crying, while failing to realize that Sana is crying silently by his side. When they leave, she asks him if he hard something and is relieved when he negates that question.
- If he didn’t, they decide to return to the inn and Sana thanks him for staying with her tonight before they part ways.
- If Sensei went on a date with Sara in A Woman's Heart, Sana notices that her mother and he are getting closer and while she’s worried that they start dating and doing more adult stuff, she’s more worried about Ayane, because Ayane fears that him seeing women his age would mean that he would forget her. She thinks he’s better than that, but he admits to himself that he isn’t.
- If you meet the requirements for it, Wake Up Call will automatically play after this event — otherwise, you go straight to Where Puppies Roam Free.
- Event Default Name = Summer and Winter
- Event Script Name(s) = beachvacation9
- Event Missed Name = This event is not missable.
The following background renders are used in this Event:
The following music tracks are used in this Event:
This Event was added in Update 0.8.